Engine Components Laboratory has different variety of running model and dismantling model of modern engines and its sub components and assemblies. Major goal of this lab is to make the students to get knowledge in dismantling & assembling and also tools used for related work.
Dismantling and Assembling of following engines and other components:
- 4 cylinder S.I ENGINE – MARUTHI
- 4 Cylinder C.I ENGINE – MAHINDRA
- 3 cylinder S.I ENGINE – MATIZ
- Sliding mesh
- Diaphragm type
- Spring type
- Rack & Pinion type
- Worm & Roller
CHASSIS – Ashokleyland
INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION SYSTEM with steering GEAR BOX
- With front axle
- Without front axle
Demonstration Board of fuel supply of system of S.I engine
Demonstration Board of fuel supply of system of C.I engine
Fuels and Lubricants Laboratory consists of many equipments related to measure the basic properties of the fuels and lubricants of Automotive Engines.
- TM distillation test of Liquid fuels.
- Aniline point test of diesel.
- Calorific value of Liquid Fuel.
- Bomb Calorie Meter.
- Flash and fire points of petrol and diesel.
- Copper strip and corrosion test.
- Copper Strip Corrosion test Apparatus.
- Ash content and carbon Residue Test.
- Drop point of Grease and mechanical penetration of grease.
TWO & THREE WHEELER LAB
Major goal of this lab is to make the students to get knowledge in performance test on two and three wheelers and dismantle and assemble the gear box, steering system.
- Shock absorber & coil spring
- Computerised two wheeler chassis dynamometer.
- Three wheeler gear box.
- Two wheeler gear box.
- Working model of front disc brake and rear disc brake.
- Working model of clutch-two wheeler (multi plate)
- Working model of three wheeler clutch system.
- Cut section model of three wheeler steering system.
IC Engines are mounted with all complete measuring and controlling devices. Sophisticated test equipments available for complete emission & performance testing.
- Single cylinder 4 stroke petrol engine Test rig with mechanical load.
- Morse test on 4 stroke petrol engine.
- 4 stroke Diesel engine – Electrical Loading
- Single cylinder C.I engine hydraulic load.
- Twin cylinder Diesel engine with rope brake dynamo metre.
- Cut section model of 4 stroke C.I engine.
- Cut section model of 2 stroke S.I engine.