Prevention of Ragging
Prevention of Ragging in Educational Institutions – Ragging in any form is totally prohibited inside and outside the campus of P.B. College of Engineering. It is the objective of every member of PBCE community consisting of the Management, Faculty and Staff members and as well as all students and their parents/guardians to make the College a‘ragging free’ Institution and ensure a conducive environment for freshers to adapt to the changes that the college life may demand on them and grow up along with their seniors.
The College is committed to follow all Regulations and Guidelines promulgated by the UGC and other higher authorities from time to time. The college will not permit or condone any incident of ragging in any form and will take all necessary and required measures to achieve the objective of eliminating ragging, within the institution or outside. The College will follow the Ugc Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in Higher Educational Institutions , 2009.(F.1-16/2007(CPP-II) dated 17th June, 2009) and take stringent action against those found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, in accordance with these and other Regulations in force..
PBCE Anti Ragging Committee
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Position||Email & Mobile no|
|5.||Mr. Baskar T||Warden Boys||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org
|6.||Mr.S.Venmaniarulselvan||Asstiant Warden Boys||Member||9788598661|
|9.||Dr. Vijayaraja K||HoD/Aero||Memberemail@example.com
|12.||Mr.S. Praveenkumar||HoD/Mech||Member Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Aero 3rd Year|
ECE 3rd Year
Civil 4th Year
|Students Co-Ordinators Boys||8754881001
|Aero 4th Year |
Civil 4th Year
ECE 3rd Year
|Students Co-Ordinators Girls||9942406460|
List of acts constitutes Ragging
As defined by the UGC, Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:-
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- Asking any student to do any act which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Punishments that may be awarded for Ragging.
Every incident of ragging will be investigated by one of the Anti ragging Squads who will go into the details and submit all relevant information to the Principal along with their findings and recommendations.
On receipt of the recommendation of the Anti Ragging Squad or on receipt of any information concerning any reported incident of ragging, the Principal will determine if a case under the penal laws is made out and if so, either on his own or through a member of the Anti-Ragging Committee authorised by him in this behalf, proceed to file a First Information Report (FIR), within twenty four hours of receipt of such information or recommendation, with the police and local authorities, under the appropriate penal provisions relating to one or more specified clauses of the UGC Regulations, for further action.
Further, the Anti-Ragging Committee of PBCE will, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squads, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:-
Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
Toll Free Help lines
Anti Ragging – Toll Free Help Line telephone Numbers : 1800 180 5522 email at: email@example.com